Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts

My favorite babysitter growing up used to make us the yummiest donuts ever for breakfast.  Her recent visit reminded me of them and I've been wanting to make them for my little family.

They are SO easy to make and are just as delicious as I remember.  They actually taste like an elephant ear- yum!  The best part is that you make them with Pillsbury biscuits!!  Told ya they were easy!


 Heat up a couple inches of oil.  I didn't check the temperature with a thermometer- I just let the oil heat up slowly and dropped small bits of the dough in to see if it was hot enough to start to brown the dough.


While the oil is heating, cut the biscuits into four pieces.  You could also do whole biscuits or cut them into shapes (we made some hearts). 


Cook them long enough to turn golden brown and then flip them over to do the same to the other side.


"We want donuts, we want donuts!"


After the donuts are done cooking, roll them in cinnamon and sugar and eat them up!



Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment