Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sweet Life: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

First recipe post!  Those people that know me, know I love to bake.  So- you'll probably see a lot of posts with recipes for sweets on this bloggity.  The Mister requested peanut butter cookies this weekend... and today I finally got around to making them.  When I was searching pinterest for a recipe I found this one for peanut butter chocolate chip shortbread cookies.  That's a mouthful!  I love, love, love shortbread so I gave it a whirl.

Ingredients:


1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp (1 stick)

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup Reese's chips

The original recipe called for 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips.  I switched it out for the above chips.  I like to live on the edge.


Mmmmm.  You just can't go wrong with peanut butter.


-Cream the butter and peanut butter.  Incorporate the vanilla.


-Whisk the flour, powdered sugar and salt.  Add the dry ingredients to the butter/peanut butter mixture.


-Gently mix in the Reese's chips and mini chocolate chips.


-Dump your dough out onto a piece of wax paper and shape into a log.  I didn't have any wax paper so I used plastic wrap.  I feel like this is easier than using wax paper anyways.  Sidenote- see those flowers in the background?  I got flowers from TWO manly men in ONE day!  Shout out to the Mister and the babe's Guncle for making this gals day!



-Stick your dough in the fridge for a couple hours.  I didn't have a couple hours to work with so I just put it in the freezer for an hour.


-Once the dough is chilled slice the dough in about 1/3" pieces.  It may crumble a little, just smash (yes, that is the technical term) it back into one piece.  No biggie.


-Bake at 325 degrees for about 12-14 minutes on a Silpat lined cookie sheet.  Let the cookies sit for a minute before you remove them from the pan.


And here ya have them!



These cookies really are delicious.  Melt in your mouth goodness!



I can't wait to eat one (or five) of these tomorrow morning with my coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment